Issaquah Little League will be hosting our third Home Run Derby sponsored by T-Mobile on Sunday May 21, 12pm at Dodd Field! It is free for all softball players and baseball players who are Little League aged 9-12, and fun for any member of the community to watch and socialize!
All hitters will receive 10 outs to hit as many dingers as they possibly can. Any pitch that is swung on with the ball not landing over the fence in fair territory is an out. Any fair ball that lands over the (temporary) fence (130ft for softball, 170ft for baseball) is a home run!
At the end of the 1st round, the top 10 finishers will advance to the 2nd round. The best of the 2nd round will be the Homerun Derby champion! The champion of the 12 year old age group will advance to the Regional Finals representing Issaquah!!
- How can I help? Parents - please come ready to give a helping hand as needed! This event is run by volunteers, and your help may be needed to- Judge home runs, keep the dugout orderly, help with the food/beverage table etc.
- If you are a parent/coach pitcher, you MUST be warmed up before taking the field, there will be no time for “warm up throws”
- Volunteer Opportunities: Sign Up
- Registration Dates:
- Open: May 5, 2023 at 12pm
- Close: May 20, 2023 at 8pm
- Baseball - starts at noon with 10 and under, followed by 11s, and followed by 12s
- Softball - will follow after Baseball
- What to Wear? Current Season ILL Jersey
- How can I register my player?
- Login to your account
- Go to "My Account" and click on "Programs Available" to the right of your child's name
- Select Home Run Derby
- Follow the On-Screen instructions to complete registration
- What bats are allowed? U.S.A bat or Wood Bats allowed (Any metal bat without USA designation used will be considered disqualifying for the player in use of said bat)
- Are there any safety requirements? Players need to stay in the dugout before their turn to hit.
- What are the Rules and is there a FAQ?